Tuition & Fees
Tuition and Fees for the August 2013/2014 Academic Year
Rivendell Sanctuary, a 5-Pursuits Honors Program, offers an “all-inclusive” college experience. There are four total semesters in the program. Our goal is to be as cost effective as possible for our students while offering a high value program including features such as study abroad, cultural events, etc. We feel these included features are not only beneficial, but essential in equipping exceptional students to become extraordinary citizens.
Please see our financial aid page to learn more about the different ways you can fund your Rivendell education through scholarships, grants, and loans.
IN-COMM™ Learning Experience (All-Inclusive Tuition):
- All books and course materials
- Rivendell Critical Thinking Method Software
- Study Abroad: All study in Florence, Venice, and Rome, including airfare, visa, in-country travel, room & board, and travel insurance, etc.
- Semester seminars: Classroom learning from visiting experts in their field of study
- Campus Library and Online Library Resource Center
- Personal Tutoring
- Technology Fee
- Tuition Lock Guarantee (see explanation below)
- Administrative Fee
- Graduation Fee
The cost per semester for the IN-COMM™ All Inclusive Tuition is $11,975.‡
IN-COMM™ Living Experience (All-Inclusive Room & Board):
- Room: Traditional residence halls for men, apartment-style residence halls for women while in Minnesota
- Room: All accommodations in Italy (Venice, Florence, and Rome)
- Board: 3 meals per day while in Minnesota
- Board: 3 meals per day while in Italy
- Transportation: All transportation costs are included during the study abroad experience
- Cultural Events in Minnesota: Broadway shows, operas, symphonies, formal dinners, etc.
- Cultural Events in Italy: Admission to multiple museums and historical sites, professional tour guides, full-time Italian social coordinator, etc
- One-on-one mentoring
- Activity Fee: Community events, intramural sports, weight room/exercise facilities, racquetball court, etc.
- Weekly community service projects (organization and transportation): Feed My Starving Children, Salvation Army, USO, etc.
- High-speed wireless internet (campus-wide)
- Campus Security Fee and Student ID; RAVE Emergency Alert System
The cost per semester for the IN-COMM™ Living Experience is $3,995.‡
Required for all enrolled students:
- Personal Laptop: Must be compatible with Windows software; Mac users must install VMWare Fusion prior to arriving on campus in order to operate necessary software (This can be purchased on campus if desired)
- Personal Medical Insurance: students are required to maintain up-to-date medical insurance for the duration of their enrollment in the program, which is valid for use in the United States
- Campus Parking Permit: $100 per semester (non-refundable)
- Personal expenses, including transportation to/from home for semester breaks, etc.
- Damages Deposit (One-time and refundable upon final check-out): $350
- U.S. Student Enrollment Reservation Deposit (applied to first semester tuition): $500
- International Student Enrollment Reservation Deposit (applied to first semester tuition. This deposit is fully refundable should an International student’s visa application be denied.): $1000
Rivendell’s Tuition Lock Guarantee:
The cost of tuition will remain the same throughout the four consecutive semesters of a student’s enrollment. This tuition lock is voided if a student withdraws from the program for any reason and re-enrolls at a later date.
‡ Price subject to change without notice.